The African Audio-Visual Awards (TAVA), set to take place at The National Arts Theatre in the Iganmu State of Lagos, Nigeria on the 29th of July 2012, is an event that serves as a benchmark for Africa audio-visual content by encouraging the practitioners through rewards that will reawaken them in the need to make conscious efforts towards training and re-training as to attain perfection in their areas of specialisation.
The TAVA's an African statement to African filmmakers at home and in the Diaspora to forge a common bench mark and bond towards capturing and positioning ourselves firmly in the practice as the next age when Africa will take the centre stage in the global economy beckons.What is TAVA?
TAVA is also the platform to midwife a new synergy between Africans in the Diaspora so that Africa can receive technological advancements, production best practices and market structures in exchange for creativity, vast talents, pull of labor force and untapped huge market, and together redefine global audio-visual practice, the African style without losing quality.
In essence, TAVA has secured partnerships for more international publicity and awareness campaign to reach practitioners in the film, television, music videos and advertising commercials from all over Africa. Arrangements are also in top gear to fly all nominated entries to Lagos, Nigeria to attend the awards ceremony.
Event sponsors include Samsung West Africa and supported by Gossy Water, Orekebeau and Olive. Media partners include: Balancing Act UK, natpe DISCOP, Media Source Africa and EMCOAN. How are these awards different?
- The African Audio Visual Awards (TAVA) is different because of its focus and the people behind it.
- It is a professional statement directed at African professionals at home and in the Diaspora to create synergy where both will derive cherished objectives that will most definitely rub off on the entertainment industry regarding improved creative production processes.
- Is a gathering and celebration of the finest of Africans who create value and entertainment through the harmony of perfect pictures and perfect sounds
- Seeks to recognise the people behind the scenes
- Rewards team work as well as encourages training and re-training of professionals towards creating perfect pictures and perfect sounds.
- Creates a bench mark for professionalism towards an African Audio-visual renaissance where nothing less than global pictures with universal sounds will make African pictures enjoyed and celebrated worldwide rather than tolerated.
TAVA seeks entries in the following four areas, under sixteen categories:
- Awards for the Most Outstanding TV Program
- Television Soap Opera Series
- Television Drama
- Television Magazine/Talk show
- Television Reality Show
- Television Game Show
- Television Comedy Show
- Awards for the Most Outstanding Movie
- Feature Film Indigenous
- Feature Film English
- Feature film Gospel
- Short film
- Documentary film
- Awards for the Most Outstanding Music Video
- R & B
- Awards for the Most Outstanding TV Commercial
For more, go to www.tava-awards.com