Marketing & Media trends
- Covid-19 pneumonia creates breathing difficulties leading to low blood oxygen levels (hypoxaemia). Unable to get enough oxygen to supply vital organs, patients with hypoxaemia are at very high risk of death. Supplemental oxygen is the only treatment. Hamish Graham & Adegoke Falade
- LAGOS, Nigeria - Nigerian property developer Olawale Ayilara is building housing estates in the affluent Lekki district of mega city Lagos, the country's commercial engine. But the cost of the project is expanding rapidly due to the increased price of cement. Angela Ukomadu and Seun Sanni
- Alex Glenday
- Jonathan Smit
- Nthabiseng Motsoeneng
- Vilo Trska
Construction & Engineering trends
CSI & Sustainability trends
- Christelle Marais
- Innocent Masayira
- Nazeema Mohamed, Feryal Domingo and Soraya Joonas
- Keri-Leigh Paschal
- Siphelele Kubheka and Desikan Naidoo
Energy & Mining trends
- Dominique Collett
- Andrew Duvenage,
- Maarten Ackerman
- Kuhle Mnisi
- Marius Botha
- Nema Ramkhelawan-Bhana
- Mike Middleton
- Henry van Deventer
HR & Management trends
- Samantha Naidoo
- Jonathan Veeran, Nozipho Mngomezulu and Burton Phillips
Logistics & Transport trends
Marketing & Media trends
- Andrew Smit and Johan Walters
- Joff van Reenen
- Marcél du Toit
Despite the dissemination of vaccines in the months ahead, a larger portion of consumer spending will be impacted by recessionary conditions...
Ailsa Wingfield 11 Jan 2021
Retailers' interest in innovative technologies, solutions and new operating models continues to grow...
Food giants muscle in on booming alternative protein market, with dedicated teams to develop and sell plant-based alternatives to meat and dairy...
A country's payments system is probably not the first thing we think of when we think about the challenge of economic development. But payments are key to the bottom-up economic growth urgently needed...
Murray Gardiner 17 Jan 2020
Market research provider Euromonitor International has released its 'Top 10 Global Consumer Trends 2020' report. The annual report identifies the most impactful trends driving consumer behavior, values and habits in the year ahead...
With strong economic growth, increased affluence and a growing population that is forecast to double by 2050, the continent holds strong potential for luxury brands...
Alain Dos Santos 10 Jan 2020
Sub-Saharan Africa is home to 14% of the world's population and by 2030, the region's population will surpass that of China. The way consumers shop in the region is ever-changing...
Christele Chokossa 8 Jan 2020
2019 was, by far, the biggest year the meat-alternative industry had ever seen. This is not surprising given the rapid growth of plant-based living and veganism...
Tammy Fry 7 Jan 2020
Not a week goes by without spotting more headlines about online shopping and the global shift to mobile connectivity...
Cecil Ungerer 6 Jan 2020
Africa's consumer landscape is fragmented and polarised, characterised by the double-edged demand of a diverse base of consumers...
Ailsa Wingfield 6 Jan 2020
When looking at trends in Africa, it's always important not to fall into that all too common trap of seeing the continent as a homogeneous entity...
Gerhard Zeelie 6 Jan 2020